Thursday, April 14, 2005

Potluck today

Potluck: Whatever happens to be available especially when offered to an unexpected guest or when brought by guests and shared by all

The above is the definition given by my
wordweb desktop dictionary. It has always been fun in potluck gatherings. Some of the advantages, getaway with my almost "good" cooking ;-), taste a variety of dishes, know about more food. What the heck I'm writing about, its food and it's meant to be eaten, who waits to see the different variety, once they're on the table, switch to attack mode and attack :-) All I can say being an avid food lover is that it is a great way to explore food.

We had a potluck today in our group. It was fun and lot of food, great conversation with people and lot of food, nice introductions and lot of food, oh boy am I sleepy from eating all those food. The funny part is everybody brought more food and we ended up with leftovers. Speaking of leftovers, surplus is one reason and not to the taste is another reason. Being a nice person, you silently pass the "nice" food to the trash and help yourself with the others. I'm no nice person and I tend to comment directly [only to the associated person and not to others]...and I had an opportunity to comment...on a "soft"
gulab jamoon :-) A great time though.

Signing off sleepily...

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home