Friday, November 03, 2006

Finally...1080p

It was a long search for a HDTV, I wanted a TV which can do 1080p over Component and  HDMI. Most of the TVs (including the Sony XBR2 & XBR3) doesn't do 1080p over Component. Samsung models does it and they were on par with the XBRs. I was having trouble in deciding between the Samsung HL-S5087W (DLP 50") and Samsung LN-S4695D (LCD 46"). Even though, I was not feeling well today (common cold and slight fever), I decided to fulfil my search today. It was almost closing time for Circuit City, finally decided for LCD and thanks to my friends in transporting and unpacking the huge box, now the LN-S4695D decorates my living room.

After unpacking, hooked it up first to my Xbox 360, went into the system blade and switched the output to 1080p...awesome! [Yes, Xbox 360 now outputs 1080p over Component and VGA through the fall '06 update]. Especially the GOW trailer, wow! Yet to get the HD broadcast, but even the SD looks great.

Let me go soak in all those pixels.

later...

4 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Lets Do it Right said...

Wow. Congrats. You gadgetty dude. I must come and see it someday. BTW I guess you might have heard I am in India right now. If you dont know, ask Mehul.

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Raga said...

Prathi Dude. Congrats!
Awseome TV.

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:30:00 AM, Blogger Kartik Matmari said...

Prathi..Congrats on the wonderful TV. I will visit you over the weekend and need a Demo from you.

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:48:00 PM, Blogger Gomathi Sarma said...

kalakkitta.. i was glad to be a proud of this TV shopping :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home