Saturday, January 15, 2005

Kissed the ground

Its the third class of my skate lesson at stake journeys today. Still at level 2 but now very comfortable on rollers. I was able to glide on the rollers without walking, it seemed so easy to glide now. All of us on B2 was pretty comfortable on the rollers now. Since we started gliding bit fast now, next thing we learned is how to stop. The technique known as scissor and heel stop looked very easy. After some practising, I don't know whether I got it right, but I was able to stop and break my speed (as though I was going so fast). As time went by, I was proud that I didn't fall even for a single time. The class was over and it was free skates on the rink. We started moving in circles along the side, and I was very happy in the fact I'm able to go a bit fast now and able to glide on the rollers. Then came the title of this blog, I don't know what happened, I was trying to slow down and turn along the rink, the next moment I was out of balance and was on the way to the ground. I tried my best to hit the grounds with the guards. Irrespective of that, I did, don't know what to name it, a strange loop in the midway and hit the ground, somehow keeping all the body gear I wore out of the way. Yeah, it was a big thud and I felt the hardness of the pain immediately as I hit my chin hard on the ground. It took me a minute to come to reality, even though I was up in a jiffy. I learnt that it was no easy task on the wheels. Should practise on that falling to the ground with the gears hitting first. Guess the bump in my chin will remind me of that.Poor me...

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home